With currently 335 members (brands & agencies) under its wing, DDMA is the main data-driven marketing association of the Netherlands. If used wisely and correctly we believe data can help companies achieve big things. As an association within one of the fastest-growing industries in Western Europe, we aim to create a sustainable environment for both companies ánd consumers by gathering knowledge on how to organize a privacy-friendly customer interaction based on data. As a member, your organisation can wear its membership as a badge of our endorsement to present itself as a trustful, reliable and responsible player in the industry. Please visit our website for an overview of all our members.
Our activities can be divided into 3 main pillars:
1. What can you do with data for marketing purposes? – Economic
DDMA brings the brightest minds in the industry together to allow our members to become even better marketers and data specialists then they already are. With the customer as our starting point, we connect different marketing disciplines, such as e-mail, AI, CRO, search, digital transformation, voice and more, to provide a network of great value to our members.
As a member you get:
- free access to events such as Afternoon Updates, Digital Talks, Member Meetups, Elites, Hackathons and discounts for our DDMA conferences (Friends of Search, Dutch CRO Awards, Email Summit & Customer Data Award Night).
- the possibility to join one of our 13 marketing expert committees
- to work together on large research projects, such as the annual E-mail Benchmark, or other working groups.
2. What is allowed with data for marketing purposes? – Legal compliance
DDMA offers guidance on how to practice marketing within the limits of Dutch legislation. We also offer legal advice on ‘grey’ areas within marketing legislation, for instance for relatively new technologies that do not have any legal frameworks yet. Also, the DDMA represents the political interests of her members in both national and international alliances. We strongly believe in active self-regulation of the industry. That is why we are constantly developing, maintaining and monitoring self-regulatory privacy codes for communication channels to help protect both industry and its consumers.
As a member you get:
- daily access to legal advice on privacy issues from our legal counsels through our legal helpdesk
- hands-on guidance on European laws (such as GDPR & the upcoming e-Privacy legislation)
- to communicate our Privacy Seal once achieved. With this quality label, you can present yourself as an organisation that processes customer data in a privacy-friendly way for marketing purposes. The audit to receive this quality label is also a valuable internal check for you to find out how compliant you are with relevant legislation.
- access to useful (AVG/GDPR) documentation, standard models and templates
to be part of an association that represents the political interest of their members in The Hague and Brussels
- to be part of a European and international network. We are adjoined with European FEDMA and the global GDMA
- a chance to participate in developing (new) self-regulation codes
3. What is your sustainable data policy? – Sustainability
Our goal is to make organisations and decision-makers aware of the responsibility they have towards society and the role they need to play in our data-driven economy. As a member you can contribute to this by participating in:
- Board-level member discussions about the sustainable data economy and data ethics
- Consumer research on consumers’ attitudes and perceptions of privacy and personal data
- Publications on relevant topics within marketing and privacy legislation
- Workshops & Masterclasses about sustainable data economy and data ethics
- Public affairs: engaging in discussions with and offering solutions to politicians and other stakeholders in The Hague and Brussels.